Family living in the Upper East Side of New York City with 10 year old boy is seeking an educated, experienced, professional, organized, and detail oriented full-time private educator/nanny. Schedule is on Monday – Friday at 6:30am-8:00am and 3:00pm-7:30pm. Nanny is required to work one to three later evenings per week until approximately 10:30pm. When the child is out of school for holidays, breaks, summer vacation, remote learning (due to COVID-19 pandemic), etc., nanny is required to work full days on Monday – Friday at 7:00am-6:00pm. Nanny is required to work approximately 1-2+ weeks of overnights annually at residence when principals are traveling without child. Travel is not required with family, but there may be a possibility of this in the future, if desirable to candidate. Extreme flexibility is required for the position. Child is enrolled in private school, which is driving distance from the family’s residence. Private Educator/Nanny must be collaborative to work with domestic staff (e.g., executive assistant, driver, housekeepers) and directly with principals on a daily basis, warm, nurturing, calm confidence and demeanor, discreet, assertive, proactive, resourceful, self starter, organized, detail oriented, hard working, service focused, kind, professional, ability to multi-task and wear many hats, respectful and capable of maintaining discretion. Candidates must have previous experience working in similar position(s) as a private educator/nanny. Family is open to local candidates and domestic relocations (as long as candidate has connection to Manhattan and will stay in location long term). Start date is ASAP, but flexible for the right candidate.
• Play-based learning and creating educational activities (e.g., planned engaging activities at home, developmentally appropriate games and activities, engaging projects, scheduled outings, etc.)
• Provide developmentally appropriate games and activities, engaging projects at home and schedule/plan fun outings and events
• Knowledgeable about child development (e.g., firm when necessary and capable of teaching child manners and etiquette, but also capable of being laid back and fun)
• Support teaching and reinforcement of manners and other social skills
• Assist child with homework, school projects, studying for tests, etc. and keep parents informed of progress and needs
• Transport child (with driver) to and from school, activities, play dates, camps, etc.
• Fresh and healthy meal planning and preparation for child
• Pack child’s healthy lunches and bags for the following day (e.g., ensure all school work is completed, pack gear for sports and activities, etc.)
• Pack and unpack child for trips/travel (create pack lists in advance to ensure child has everything needed prior to travel)
• Inventory checklists for household items, food, child’s essentials, etc. and order through Amazon, Instacart, etc.
• Event planning for child’s themed birthday parties (e.g., plan, organize and oversee flawless execution day of event)
• Run errands (e.g., shopping for home supplies, returns, purchasing school supplies for beginning of school year and needed throughout the year, purchasing gifts for birthday parties child is attending, and other requested items)
• Handle things around the home (e.g., receiving deliveries, going through mail and sorting bills and junk, etc.)
• Organizational projects (e.g., child’s bedroom, playroom (toys, crafts, etc.), closets, rotating clothes seasonally, getting rid of outgrown toys and clothing, taking things for donation, etc.)
• Assist domestic staff with projects when necessary (e.g., creating a collaborative/team environment)
• Manage child’s schedule and calendar
• Schedule and maintain calendar for child, register for activities/camps/etc., plan play dates/outings with friends, etc.
• Assistance with travel arrangements and ensuring all logistics are planned in advance (e.g., calling in advance to ensure child has adequate equipment for sports and activities, etc.)
• Schedule meetings with principal(s) as needed to discuss their schedule, child’s schedule, travel plans, upcoming events, special projects, etc.
• Capable of building rapport with similar aged children (pre-teens, teenagers, etc.)
• Ability to travel internationally and domestically whenever necessary (minimal to no travel required for position unless desirable to candidate)
• Highly organized, detail oriented, proactive, excellent time management, efficient and service focused
• Attentive to principals’ preferences and style (intuitive to their needs)
• Observant to the needs of family and home to anticipate their needs
• Ability to maintain discretion (confidentiality agreement is required)
• Ability to be discreet with respect for employer’s privacy
• Professional presentation of self and great personality
• Ability to easily take direction
• Strong ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with principals (extension of parents and consistent childcare philosophies)
• Strong technology skills and experienced working with Macintosh
• Active and fit (e.g., swimming, snow ski, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Middle School Education and/or Secondary Education
• 5-10+ years of full-time consistent and recent domestic experience working as a private educator/governess/nanny/family assistant
• 2-3+ references from domestic positions
• Seeking longevity/long term commitment (e.g., at least 3-5+ years)
• Live a close proximity to family’s residence in Upper East Side
• Ability to complete extensive background checks, motor vehicle checks, drug tests and psychological evaluation
• Willing to get vaccinations (e.g., MMR, TDap, Flu Shot)
• COVID-19 testing and antibodies testing (bloodwork and nasal swab)
• Driver’s license and clean driving record
• Pediatric CPR Certification
• $100K+ gross annual salary (based on experience and qualifications)
• $500 gross per month health insurance stipend
• $150 gross per night for overnights at main residence and when traveling with family
• PTO (Nanny receives paid time off whenever family is traveling, which is many weeks per year)
• Seven government holidays paid
• Discretionary annual raise and bonus (performance evaluation required)
Please read the job description carefully and kindly apply with your cover letter, resume, references (email address and phone number), letter(s) of recommendation and professional photo if you meet all of the requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!